Saturday, October 12, 2013

IN LESS THAN ELEVEN HOURS .........

......... the cannon will go off to commence the start of the 35th Ironman World Championship. Over 2,000 athletes this year will dive into the pristine water of the Kailua Bay. I wish to thank you for the well-wishes I received and promise that I will leave all I have on that course. The weather conditions will likely be oppressive. Between the wind, heat, and the seemingly endless miles of he lava fields, the race will be a true test of a physical and psychological endurance.

Despite my best intentions, I have not been able to update the blog each, but will definitely catch up on it right after the race. Attending the sports medicine conference and daily training sessions have consumed a lot of my time.

The alarm clock is set for 2:30 in the morning. I am looking forward to having a good day, tomorrow.

Athletes were still training on Queen K today.

And so was I.

The bike caught the attention of a few camera lenses.

On my way to rack the bike this afternoon.

A sea of bicycles.

And here is my Blue "K" in a great spot. Right by the "Bike Out" gate.

Among a sea of transition bags.

Next time I will be standing here will be after crossing the finish line just behind me. It will be a party!!!

And the most touching moment of the day upon returning home this afternoon.  It needs no comment. Thank you Alison!!!

And finally! www.ironmanlive.com