Saturday, June 1, 2013

SEE YOU LATER ALIGATOR

I will soon be leaving the "Deep South," so last weekend I decided to spend some time exploring the nature - and it was well worth it. A trip to Pascagoula for an air boat ride and to Slidel for the Pearl River excursion exposed some beautiful vistas of Mississippi and Louisiana.

A close encounter. This guy is a year old and grows about 12 inches per year.

These waters are infested with alligators

Such as these

Without the load, this air boat can reach speed of up to 60 mph

Somebody should have told me not to sit in the front row. By the end of the ride I was soaked. With every left turn all I saw was a wall of water in front of me.

Wildlife along the banks of the Pearl River

There are homes built right on the water

Such as this Noah's Ark which, we were told, had been featured on one of the TV shows

Inside one of the bayonets

Spotting one of the hundreds of bird species

These were easier to notice

Before dinner

One way of catching crawfish

And this is another

A perfect day for being on the water