Friday, November 6, 2009

ON THE GROUND IN LAS VEGAS

Greetings from the Silverman. Day one is coming to an end. The trip was uneventful. All luggage and the bike case (with the bike inside) arrived on the same plane, which is always good.

I just found out, at the THRIFTY car rental counter, that when you rent a car from them and do not purchase their insurance policy, and should the car you have rented get involved in an accident (fault or no-fault), THRIFTY will charge you between $2,000-$4,000 for what they call having to take the car temporarily out of "business." I am just amazed at the tricks they continue inventing. And all, I think, to make the travel experience even worse than it already is. Guess what I didn't do?

Now, that I have vented, the Kuota is out of the case and already assembled. All lubed and waiting patiently. Tomorrow morning I will register and, in the afternoon, attend the athletes' dinner.

Well, it is almost 3AM over where you are on the east coast and, I suppose, I should not be surprised that I am a little tired. Until tomorrow, then.