Saturday, August 11, 2007

BritTOM Reports From Across The "Big Pond"

Did I tell you what a good time we had with you in Lake Placid? I really did enjoy the IRONTOM experience. It left me reinvigoratedwith my IM racing. I think, I said I had intended to give triathlon a rest for a couple of years, but I came out of the Lake Placid race thinking about my next race (admittedly it took a little longer this time to change from "never, ever let me do this again" to "I can go faster") I'll probably seek out some 70.3s next year so I can scale down my training a little, but we have some good one's in Europe -Monaco, Antwerp, UK (but only if the sun shines).

In Lake Placid, like for many others, there were lessons learnt:
1. Go to races with a group, preferably the IRONTOM group.
2. Wear bright colours so your supporters can see you, preferably the IRONTOM kit.
3. Get your supporters to wave somethink distinctive and colourful so they stand out in the amazing crowd at the start, so you can see from the water!!!

And a serious one,
4. Race every mile of the marathon as if it's your first! Look at what you achieved in that mile and start on the next.

I'm off to France next week for a couple of weeks riding - we'll be in the area of the infamous Mt. Ventoux, which is a regular summer training venue for a few of us - website. Riding every day, but I think at least 25% of our time wil be spent hanging out in French roadside cafes.
It must have been about 5AM

Racer # 1567 - you are almost there

With Erica, the morning after