Sunday, October 14, 2012

A SHOCK FACTOR

Aloha and thank you all so much for the numerous emails, calls with best wishes and words of encouragement. I will write back to each every one of you as I regain my faculties in the left arm. I have never been a fast typist using both hands, but now, I am even slower typing with only my right hand.

We have been having a great time here with our friends and I will write soon more about our experience on the Big Island. However, in this abbreviated blog I wanted to share with you the state of my condition, as well as the condition of my equipment following the accident.

  Helmet crack number one. Right in the center of the helmet. HELMETS SAVE LIVES.

Helmet crack number two. Split the face protector shield and took a big bite out of "POLAND"

And a little dent. I can't get enough of looking at it. Thank you GIRO HELMET

The trisuit I wore qualifying for Ironman Hawaii. Yes, I also wore it on this faithful day on Wednesday. Needless to say, I will not be wearing it any longer. Together with the helmet, it will go to my Ironman Shrine

Before the first dressing change I realized the extend of the injury. Yes I left some skin on the road from Hawi. It joins the skin from my right side which I left in Nice, France