Friday, October 19, 2007

PINNACLE CHALLENGE REPORT

This event was billed as a double duathlon. Five mile road run, 5.5 mile mountain bike ride, 13.75 mile road ride, and a 3.4 mile trail run.

The five mile road run was a run through a field and then onto a loose soiled rail trail. This lasted about 2 miles and then finally onto pavement. I finished the 5 miles +/- in just under 40 minutes which is not bad for me considering what was to come.

The mountain bike ride was tough with mostly single track and up a decent hill for the first half, and down it the last. I also warped my rim somewhere near the end. This turned out to be my worst event.

My road bike ride went fairly well and my trial run went pretty good, too. I actually passed someone which gave me motivation to keep up a decent pace for the rest of it since I didn't want that person to pass me.

Overall my time was just under 3 hours 22 minutes. My longest event to date and a pretty good time. I learned, I have work to do on technical aspect of riding the mountain bike.