Saturday, June 2, 2012

SO FAR, A WET REV3 70.3

I woke up this morning to buckets of rain outside my hotel window. The sky has opened up last night and I definitely do not envy those racing the Rev3 Olympic-distance race this morning. The forecast, however, calls for a slightly better day tomorrow. We will see about that.


I drove through the bike and run courses yesterday (56 + 13 miles). Both are very nice, taking athletes through some picturesque country and residential neighborhoods of Middlebury, Connecticut. The bike course is quite technical (may get tricky on a wet asphalt) and I have managed to miss a couple of turns, yesterday. Hope to avoid repeating it tomorrow ;o)

What is left today, is to do a short training run, check-in the bike, have a restful afternoon, hope for a better tomorrow, then wake up charged up, and .......... have a good race ;o)