Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Little More Sun - Day 2

Smiling during the training ride on IMUK course - I really love this sport. Here I am reaching the top of a tough hill accompanied by a brief moment of sunshine

Its officials. We are registered. Can you guess whose hand is which?

Today was also a busy day. Although much shinier and perhaps less cold, it was more windy than yesterday. After having slept for 12 hours, I think, I finally got onto the new time schedule. Early this morning we drove to Bolton to register for the race(60 miles). The registration and the athlete village is located in the grass field (very charming) and surrounded by cows. In many ways, the British country side resembles greatly the country sides Vermont or New Hampshire, except, that the there are many more sheep, here. Today, those areas were absolutely flooded and it took some skill to avoid getting our feet soaked (which we managed to do, anyway). The organizers were hard at work drying it all out and trying to make it ready for Sunday.

Following registration, I had an opportunity to bike-ride most of the loop (there will be three loops on the bike) with a couple of British triathletes, while Phil followed us in his car making sure we stayed on course. And it was a challenge due to the last-minute changes introduced by the organizers. I must say, that the scenery of the bike course through the country side was beautiful leading us on narrow roads through little towns on a rather technical course. And of course, we had to fight those wicket head and cross winds, which will definitely be demoralising, should they continue on the race day. My first thought - Silverman.

In the evening, Phil and I went for an Alexander Technique treatment, courtesy of Erica who practices in this field. It was a very relaxing hour, and I think, it helped my upper back, which recently had been giving me some trouble. After the treatment, the three of us had a dinner in the Art District, after which we walk-toured the city on our way home.