Wednesday, September 19, 2007

How Does it Feel to be Rear-Ended at about 30 Miles/Hour?

Well, not goood. Just this past Monday, I had a priviledge of becoming a victim in a four-car pile up on north-bound I-89.

As the traffic was coming to a road construction slow down, I got rear-ended by a twenty-something female who apparently did not think that slowing down was appropriate in this instance. I am not sure if she was on the cell phone or just day-dreaming when her VW Passat plowed onto the rear end of my Volvo.

My car did exactly what it was supposed to do. It absorbed all the impact but sustained enough damage (while protecting me) to be most likely deemed a "total schade."

As for myself, the medics checked me out on the scene and let me go. I must monitor myself for the next few weeks and look for other/additional symptons that may develop. The whiplash caused by the impact gave me a hughe headache and an injury to my upper arm and the hip area.

Overall, I feel fortunate to have been able to walk away from this accident and to tell the story.