Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Another Racing Success Story

TOMomma takes 5th woman overall and 3rd in the (F 35-39) age group at the 31st Annual John Langhan's Green Miles Road Race on July 4th in Woodstock, VT. Her blazing speed propelled her to a 55:03 finish time. Although disappointingly, not the 7.2 miles as advertised, the 7.0 challenging miles nonetheless went through beautiful Woodstock's rolling hills.

"I'm unfortunately painfully unaware of just how beautiful the hills were as I was struggling to hold onto my race position (and my breakfast), losing both my 3rd and 4th place positions on the biggest damn hill in VT. At least this year the race started earlier in the morning, avoiding any of the typical 90 degree (+) race day temperatures, and we had the added incentive of maple syrup if we made it to the podium. I brought home the syrup baby! Next year we should hope for a greater TEAM IRONTOM representation!"