Monday, June 18, 2007

Team's Membership Reaches Double Digits

Team IRONTOM welcomes its 10th member. TOMmy, is a thirty-nine year old who is trying to get into the world of triathlon.

One of my goals is to wean myself off of extensive weight lifting routines, which I’ve been doing, since junior high school, and into triathlon shape. I’ve done cardio work for a number of years but not to the extent I have in the last three. I started out with running the Cigna corporate 5K road race for an old employer and then did a number of other 5k and 5 mile races mostly to prepare for that. I’ve done a half marathon, a sprint triathlon and an Xterra triathlon along with the Mountainman duathlon this spring. Next up is the Splash, Mash and Dash on the 23rd. After that is the Xterra in Hanover in August, the new Manchester City Half Marathon in November and we’ll see what else this season brings. I’d like to do an Olympic distance triathlon possibly this season. A certain unnamed team member wants me to think about doing a 70.3 next year or the year after. At this point I think it will be the year after. (I need some time to shed some of the extra muscle mass from lifting.)